Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Roundup: An Alaskan Summer

cold anchorage vintage hippie boho capsule wardrobe

Two posts in one week! Woo hoo!

We've been having a very mild summer so far but I REFUSE to wear a sweater or boots (remember the leaves start changing here at the end of July) so I'm just getting creative in wearing my warm-weather things. In layers.


outfits casual anchorage summer
Dress: thrifted // Shirt: Madewell (new favorite! here) // Necklace: Madewell (here) // Denim: Joe's Jeans (here or different wash here) // Shoes: Toyshop (here, I love this color here too) // Bag: Madewell (similar by Rebecca Minkoff here)

I have worn the regular t-shirt version of this tank over 100 times. I'm serious. So when I saw that it now came in a sleeveless version it was a no brainer to buy. 



anchorage summer inspiration outdoor ootd

Hat: H&M (similar here) // Sweatshirt: Madewell (fun alternative here) // Skort: Athleta (this year's version here) // Sandals: Teva (similar pattern here)

I was so sick in May I feel like I've had a lot of catching up to do! Especially outside since Alaskan summers are spectacular but so short. Missing a whole month of greenery was so hard.


Hat: Madewell // Cardigan: vintage (check Etsy for fun vintage cardigans) // Sunglasses: Le Specs (here) // Shirt: Madewell (here) // Denim: Joe's Jeans (here) // Shoes: Ananias (here)

I'm basically wearing the same thing as the first outfit but with a different "coat". I'm still working on a follow-up post to the core capsule concept. I don't know why it's taking so long!

alaska anchorage summer casual

Hat: Tula (here) // Dress: Zara (here) // Jacket: Patagonia (here) // Sandals: Chacos (similar here)

I wasn't going to shop at Zara ever again because of their shitty customer service (they double-charged me and sent the second package to a random address, the stranger at the second address must have liked my taste since they didn't return the package. So basically Zara treated a random person to clothes and shoes using my money. They also shrugged their shoulders at their mistake and refused to refund my money.) So now I'll occasionally shop there but only pay using PayPal so that if there's an issue I'm not the one dealing with Zara over it. This dress is part of their Join Life line and is made with Tencel from sustainably-grown forests. 


Sunglasses: Le Specs (here) // Shirt: Madewell (here) // Necklace: Madewell (here) // Jeans: Paige (here) // Bag: thrifted // Shoes: Adam Tucker (here

Again, super simple. I've been having to replace a large portion of my wardrobe and while kind of annoying it's also been a chance for me to start over and build a good foundation for my vintage and thrifted finds.



anchorage summer outfit

Shirt: Free People // Necklace: Madewell (here) // Purse: Chloe // Jeans: Paige (here) // Sandals: Prada (similar here)

The Anchorage Nordstrom invited me to an event welcoming Louis Vuitton to Alaska. I really liked a purse, for some reason I can't find it online but it was similar to this one only trimmed in red:



Andrew did ask me if I was coming home with a purse, which I think shows not only approval but an expectation (haha!) of a purchase (purse-chase) and if I were more of a handbag person it would have been coming home with me. I am searching for a purse but a smaller black one. Purse shopping is one of the few areas where I'm super-disciplined in my search. That, and finding the perfect brown sandal.

The blouse I'm wearing is sold out but I never need an excuse to window shop for a white shirt so I gathered up some other options:


No comments: