Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Roundup: Spring Looks

outfit summer anchorage alaska fashion


Top: thrifted vintage (cute alternatives here or here) // Necklace: Madewell (here) // Jeans: Joe's (exact here or different wash here) // Shoes: Ananias via eBay (here) // Purse: Theory (here) // Sunglasses: Le Specs (here)


I'll admit that I'm somewhat vain but it's a very specific form of vanity. I don't really care if I feel pretty, or young, or trendy but I cannot handle feeling frumpy in public. CANNOT. I know that some of my outfits may come across frumpy to others but I don't care. It only matters if I feel frumpy.

So when I lost 10 pounds this past month (stupid Cipro) I had to buy some jeans that fit. My baggy ones I can literally just walk right out of and my fitted ones looked, you guessed it, super frumpy. So it was off to shopping I went! One of the pairs I bought was these Joe's Jeans which is a brand I've never tried before. They're amazing! They keep their shape and don't slowly slide off my shapeless backside LOL. I love they color, the fit, the everything. I'm definitely keeping Joe's in mind for future denim purchases.  I also bought a pair of the Paige Verdugo jeans in black which I also really like. I can't believe I got so lucky in one afternoon of shopping. Usually it takes me forever to find just one pair!

summer anchorage fashion outfits
Hat: San Diego Hat Company (here) // Earrings: J.Crew // Sweater: thrifted (similar here or sort of similar here) // Jeans: Joe's (here) // Sandals: Isabel Marant (here or platform version here)

This is what I wore Memorial Day. I wanted to look a little patriotic and summery and yet still warm.

Sunglasses: Madewell (here) // Sweater: Leon & Harper (here) // Pants: H&M (similar here) // Bag: Madewell (similar here) // Shoes: Target (here)

Still aiming for summery (I went to the girls' school picnic) without freezing. The sun is kind of cooperating but the temperatures not so much.

spring summer anchorage alaska fashion outfits
Sunglasses: Le Specs (here) // Top: H&M (in short sleeve here) // Overalls: ancient (similar here) // Purse: vintage (love this version of a carpet bag here or check Etsy) // Flats: Chanel (similar here or much more wallet-friendly here)

Crop tops on their own are a little bit of risky game but overalls make them a little less scary.


Top: Zara (here) // Necklace: Madewell (here) // Jeans: Levis (different wash here) // Purse: Chloe // Shoes: Paloma Wool (here)

Well, in a moment of weakness I ordered the trendiest shirt that ever trended. And since it's cute I'm wearing the heck out of it before it's five minutes of trendiness is up. And if you're interested in these shoes, size up. I'm an 8 in almost every American brand and I ended up with a 39. 

No comments: