Thursday, April 20, 2017

Hat Envy


 Hat: H&M (recent in-store purchase) // Tee: Zara (similar here) // Necklace: Madewell (here) // Pants: men's Wrangler (can't find it online? similar here) // Shoes: Intentionally Blank (here or here) // Purse: Madewell (similar here)

I've been so close to hitting the "checkout" button on a Janessa Leone´ boater hat. It's another item though where I can't justify the cost for the very short season I can wear it in. I'm hoping this very inexpensive H&M version will satisfy the longing although I'm already wishing the bill was a little bit crisper. Maybe I'll shift focus to a different hat with more year round wear because I really like the designer.

I've been tracking my best and worst cost-per-wear items on the Stylebook app for a while and using it to try and make better choices for my wardrobe. I'm still following the "core capsule" concept I came up with last year which is working out great (I should write a follow-up post, eh?). Now I'm focusing on what gets used the most (boots, sweaters) and not getting sidetracked into too many purchases that won't (sandals, tank tops, shorts, you get the idea ha!). And this isn't entirely revolutionary but if something isn't absolutely comfortable, I just won't wear it outside of the one outfit I envisioned the piece in. If that's a thrift store item, fine. Retail? Criiiiinge.

Won't you drool with me?



No comments: