Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Spring Snow: Bright Faux Fur

spring winter snow outfit stripes
outfits inspiration alaskan fashion
spring snow anchorage blogger fashion style outfits

 Sunglasses: Quay (here) // Coat: thrifted // Turtleneck: J.Crew (here) // Jeans: Madewell (here) // Boots: Moon Boots (here or here)

Snowpocalypse Day 2: The No School Nightmare

Haha, nah it's not that bad. I am shocked, shocked I tell you that school was cancelled though. Snow days just don't really happen here. Blizzards, high winds, earthquakes, ice storms, etc haven't been enough to cancel school so it is surprising that six inches of freshly fallen snow (on top of the few feet we already had!) did. Those of us in the Anchorage bowl did seem to forget how to drive in snow in the 28 days since it last fell so that's probably it. Hard to get buses to school when every road is at a standstill.

Boy, it's easy for me to get off topic. Or maybe talking about the weather IS my topic and fashion is just the afterthought. I have tricked you into reading my daily musings on the forecast by pulling you in with thrifted outfits and Alaskan landscape photography. It's been a long, long con.

Holy shit you guys. Seriously. Back on track. I'm getting tired of snow and tired of dressing for snowy days and am starting to wonder if winter will ever end and I'm just wearing the same things over and over so I pulled out the one coat guaranteed to make me smile the last time I wore it was the day after the election and so if you're feeling the winter weather blues the answer might be in a brightly-colored faux fur coat. And breathe.



No comments: