Thursday, March 2, 2017

Roundup: Outfits And More

4th Avenue Anchorage Alaska

I can't remember if I mentioned this before or not, but I also blog over at We Heart Alaska. It's pretty much a place to put the hundreds of photos I take with an attempt at being helpful. I blogged our time at Fur Rondy, which is being celebrated this upcoming weekend as well (including the ceremonial start to the Iditarod).



Dress: thrifted vintage (fun alternative here) // Culottes: Madewell (here) // Shoes: Intentionally Blank (here) // Earrings: H&M (similar here)

What I wore for Valentine's Day. Every fall I think about how crazy I must have been the previous winter to wear open-ish shoes when it gets over 28º, and every late winter when 28º feels warm-ish I bring out the lighter shoes. Here's a fascinating theory that might explain why I can tolerate it, although I'm not sure how much brown fat anyone could accumulate in their ankles. Ha!

This dress reminds of a Christy Dawn design and I can't wait to wear it in the summer too!

 Lace Top: thrifted vintage // Basket: thrifted // Top: thrifted vintage Diane Von Furstenburg (similar here or here)// Brown Shoes: Kelsey Dagger (in black here) // Jeans: Levi's (here) // Slippers: thrifted (I sense a DIY in my future)

New in! I've had a little luck at the thrift stores lately, and you can see that I have summer on my mind. Never mind that I barely can/do wear summer clothing here. Doesn't get in my way of warm weather dreaming. The jeans are the new 501 skinnies and I loooooove them. I sized up based on reviews and I'm glad I did.

I found the yellow blouse in the plus-size section. You don't have to rifle through every single size (unless you want to) but there's no harm in seeing if something catches your eye during a walk by.

I also got a pair of the paint-splattered pants from J.Crew (not pictured). I love how J.Crew pants fit and these are no exception but I haven't been very happy with the quality of fabric in their chinos lately. There's no way they'd make men's chinos with paper-thin fabric like they do the ladies. There's a olive pair in the catalog that says they're made with borrowed-from-the-boys canvas that I might order next if I return the paint pair. Ugh.

Sweatshirt: Madewell (here) // Coat: H&M (here) // Shirt: Aritizia (here) // Pants: H&M (here) // Boots: Sorel (here)

I'm trying to embrace the long winter. When it's snowing and/or in the 20's, it's not so hard. When the temps dip down to the negatives it's a challenge.


I had a brunch at South Restaurant where Double Shovel Cider was holding a brunch with cider pairings (Forget Me Hopped was my favorite). We had a great time and would definitely do something like that again. If you live in the Anchorage area they hold lots of fun events, you can check them out here. Or you can just go for yummy food at the restaurant or bakery!  (My friend in the photo is Kristen, she and her husband vlog their life in Alaska!)



Shirt: Madewell (here) // Pants: J.Crew (here) // Shoes: Vanessa Bruno 

Pattern mixing. But like, everyday pattern mixing. Easy peasy. 
SaveSave

No comments: