Friday, March 24, 2017

Instagram Roundup: Cold And Colder



Coat: H&M (similar here) // Dress: Free People (here - on sale!) // Boots: La Canadienne (here) // Bag: thrifted

I've been wanting to wear nothing but dresses lately but having to pair everything with black tights is so limiting. I did see that white tights are making a comeback but yikes. I'm not normally someone who dismisses something with a "there's no way I could pull that off" but I'm 99% sure I'm going to be watching this trend play out from the sidelines. Watch me eat my words. . .



Coat: Canada Goose (here) // Sweatshirt: Madewell (here) // Turtleneck: J.Crew (here) // Pants: Athleta (here) // Boots: La Canadienne (here)

Just like a lot of you outside Alaska, spring is a rollercoaster of temperatures. Sure,
the fluctuations are probably colder than what a lot of you are experiencing but it still means a variety of layers being pulled on and off during the day. I'm heading to a ski resort in a few days and this outfit will probably be on repeat!

Shirt: Anthropologie (here - more distressed than the anthro website shows) // Pants: Wrangler // Shoes: Prada (summery version here)

A nice dirty mirror picture where you can see the wallpaper of shame behind me. We finally figured out what we want our bedroom to look like so maybe now we'll feel a little more motivated to get going on removing it completely.

Aaaaanyway, I know I already referenced this outfit in the side bar but I wanted to talk about these pants again. Less than $20!  I can't find them online but say you stop into a Walmart for some light bulbs and there they are hanging front and center in the men's department which so happens to be the first thing you see when you walk in. And then you walk over and are amazed at how they seem to be made out of actual fabric, and those actual fabric pieces are connected in a way that don't seem like they'd pull apart. And there's hip pockets that lay flat but can also fit your entire hand! What a whole new world! I'm surprised that I'm shilling for a Walmart product so hard but camo is currently super on trend and these are a great way to get in on it. 

Should I crop them or nah? 


 Sweater: Madewell (here) // Tee: Madewell (here) // Shoes: Chanel (similar here) // Bag: thrifted

I've been seeing bare feet in sandals lately. I commend those people for what must be some superior balancing and slush-jumping skills! My nod to spring is in this basket bag and some ballet flats (which are only worn when there is minimal chances of encountering slush).

No comments: