Sunday, October 16, 2016

Lots Of Layers



 Hat: Madewell (here) // Vest: Penfield (here) // Sweater: H&M (here) // Turtleneck (under sweater): Athleta (here) // Jeans: Citizens of Humanity (here) // Boots: Sorel  (here, here, or here) // Blanket: thrifted 

When the high temperatures only hit 38°F/3°C you know cold season is HERE. Like, until May. I've been reluctant to pull out the true winter coats because I know in a few months I will want to burn each and every one of them in a fire. Okay, a little hyperbole buuuuut not by much.

So layering it is. I like the Athleta Remarkawool for my base layer but I've been thinking about ordering some of the Uniqlo HEATTECH (like this scoop neck for under lower cut shirts) both because I really can't have enough base layers and to review for the blog. Maybe I could do a post on layering? Sometimes it feels next-to-impossible to dress stylishly when you're fighting frostbite every day but coming up on my fourth Alaskan winter I think (I think) I'm getting the hang of it.

Oh, and a quick note on the boots - if you decide to order them go up 1/2 size. If you plan on wearing SUPER thick socks you may want to go up a full size. Other than that they are very comfortable and warm and I can recommend.

No comments: