Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Patchwork





Hat: Madewell // Sweater: H&M (similar here, here, or here) // Skirt: thrifted vintage (similar here or here)  // Boots: Madewell (here)

I didn't realize how much I was missing patchwork in my life until I thrifted this skirt. I wish I had more photos of it but the girls were going all Lord of the Flies in the background and being a semi-responsible parent that sometimes takes pictures of my outfit for the internet I had to referee.

Back to patchwork, several designers showed it on the runways making it fairly easy to find in stores (SEA New York F/W 2016 comes to mind and that specific dress available for purchase here). I'm wondering if I should add this Topshop blouse to my wardrobe, the only thing holding me back is the fact that there's maaaaybe 8 days of proper summer weather here.

For more quiltish fun peek at Gloria Vanderbilt's bedroom here, scroll through the plethora of patchwork below, or scroll even further for pictorial proof of my children's craziness:




I wasn't kidding.

No comments: