Thursday, January 28, 2016

Roundup: Coats, Coats, Coats

I have to stop buying coatigans. I've purchased two from Zara's sale and one amazing vintage one from The Salvation Army thrift store. It's nice to have the option of wearing them indoors and out and is much less restrictive when driving. So they're definitely useful to have around but three is probably enough.

Zara coatigan (appears to be sold out. :( similar here) // Madewell hat (similar here or here) // thrifted Gap flares (here - I cut the hems for the ragged look) // Sam Edelman boots



I felt so grownup that day! I know I am one but I usually skew pretty casual and looking like a has-it-together human was a treat.

Zara coat (similar here) // thrifted Pilcro turtleneck (similar here) // H&M jeans (here) // Zara shoes (similar here, or here // ancient Kate Spade purse (check ebay for similar)



No stores in Anchorage carry Denim & Supply and I wasn't sure how it would fit so I took my chances on eBay. I had high hopes for this jacket but like a lot of mall and department store brands the sleeves are too short for me. Sometimes I can size up and just pretend like it's supposed to be slouchy but it won't work with a fitted jacket like this. Dang. Well, it's a gorgeous piece so I had to wear it at least once, restrictive arms and shoulders be damned, right?

Denim & Supply jacket (similar here or OMG THIS ONE HERE DAMN YOU LONG ARMS // Madewell hat (here) // Madewell tee (here, best t-shirt I've ever owned) // Levis jeans (here in the Precita wash) // Madewell scarf (here) // Vanessa Bruno boots (almost exact here in size 37 or similar here)

No comments: