Friday, October 30, 2015

Insta-Roundup: This and That (and This and-a)




Warning: I probably should have titled this post "Insta-Roundup: Whine Time".



I had wore this dress over pants previously but that was before I owned these jeans. :) Much better.

Zara dress (here)
Levi's jeans (here)
thrifted coat (similar from Ralph Lauren here or Forever 21 here)
No. 6 clogs (here)



This sweater comes out every year and I'm pretty sure every year I brag that I bought it for $1.29 (I'll just check that off the to-do list right now). I bought it in Washington but it really screams Alaska doesn't it?

Madewell hat (here)
thrifted vintage sweater (check Etsy or a cute alternative from Forever 21 here)
Urban Outfitters shirt (here)
Levi's jeans (here)


When I first met Andrew he had just bought a whole set of brand new furniture. I mean couches, tables, dressers, beds, the whole enchilada. I had a hodge-podge of thrifted stuff and hand-me-downs. I agreed that it would be throwing away money if he got rid of his stuff, so I held on to my most favorites and barely tolerated the matchy-matchy dark, heavy stuff that single guys seem to think looks "fancy". :) When we moved to Alaska it seemed like seven years living with that furniture was long enough and we got rid of all of it. Then we moved into a rental here in Alaska for two years while we searched for another house to buy. Two looooong years with almost no furniture because we were waiting to see what kind of house we ended up with before we made any commitments. So all this to say that I love the house we're currently in and I really, really hope that it's ours. I'm sure acting like it is, there's nine years of pent-up decorating being unleashed here. And it just feels like home.


One day I was so fed up with all the stress I strapped Kit into her pack and hiked up the steepest trail I could think of. I poured my frustrations into every hard step. The pretty scenery helped too. 


Faux fur and velvet for a coffee run with a friend.

thrifted coat (fun options from Shrimps here, Yumi here, or Dorothy Perkins here)
Rad t-shirt
Levi's jeans (here)
Zara shoes (here)



So. We got our oil changed at Jiffy Lube. On our way from Jiffy Lube to Target our Expedition stalled and wouldn't restart. Coincidence? I don't know, because the dealership has had our car since Sunday and they still haven't even looked at it. BUT one good thing, the good Samaritan that towed us out of the busy roadway parked us in front of an Ulta that just opened. While Andrew went to get the rental vehicle and wait for the tow truck the girls and I went in to pass the time. And spend mucho $$$. I had never been in an Ulta before and hot damn that's a lot of fun. I will definitely be back!

What I got:

A purse-size bottle of Philosophy Amazing Grace
A makeup brush (desperately needed)
Various "smellies" for the girls

So I might be stressed but I'm also depuffed, hydrated, and smell good. Heh.
 

No comments: