Sunday, March 8, 2015

Roundup: The Return


I've been a little absent from blogging because I've had a relapse of the antibiotic side effects. I've been forcing myself to get dressed every day and have been posting to Instagram (since it only takes a few seconds) but getting a blog post up has been a little harder. The funny thing? Wearing heels helps take some of the pressure off of the painful ligaments and tendons in my ankles. Pretty sure that's not usually how it works. :)


This was my second outfit of the day (see below). It's a little weird but I think it works. We've been having some very mild weather here. So mild that the official Iditarod starting line had to be relocated to Fairbanks and the organizers had to truck snow into Anchorage for the ceremonial start! Things like that are kind of disappointing, wearing some of my favorite heels in March is not.

Jacket: thrifted (similar here)
Overalls: American Eagle (similar here or here)
Shoes: vintage Calvin Klein (similar here)


It's the return of the revival tent! This was what I really wanted to wear but the wind had other ideas. Of course, everyone commenting on Instagram had much more common sense than I and suggested I wear shorts or pants underneath. Duh. Next time.

Dress: vintage (sorry, I couldn't find anything like it. Shirt dresses? Yes? Shirt dresses 6 ft wide? No.)
Wrap belt: ASOS (similar here or here)
Boots: H&M (similar here)



A very casual look, like most days. I think it's time for a haircut. Some more layers to free the waves! I always think I'm going to like a blunter cut but forget that I then really have to do something with it besides comb it in the morning. At least wavy hair can look purposefully messy.

Cardigan: Target
Top: Forever 21 (here)
Jeans: ASOS (here)
Clogs: Tory Burch (similar here)


This was my 80's Parisienne look. These pants are huuuuuge but fitted at the waist. I really like them and can't wait to wear them this summer.

Coat: vintage (similar here or here)
Top: Zara
Pants: By Malene Birger (similar here or here)
Boots: H&M (similar here)


Another casual outfit. We had a playdate at McDonalds again and they have a giant wall of windows AND crank the heat up. You have to dress very lightly or risk getting hot and cranky. It's still worth it though. When it's super duper cold, or during break up, you need to find as many indoor play places to take your kids as possible. Or you will all go nuts.

Tee: Madewell (here, here, or here)
Jeans: Citizens of Humanity (here)
Coat: thrifted
Clogs: Tory Burch  (similar here)

No comments: