Sunday, March 25, 2012

Vacation All I Ever Wanted

I don't even know where to start - our vacation was amazing! I was feeling a little overwhelmed on making a vacation post so I decided just to keep it about style here.

I'm a horrible packer. Like, really bad. I always think if I put all of my favorites in a bag they'll magically assemble into amazing outfits once I reach our destination. Cue "I don't have anything to wear" meltdowns. So you can imagine how nervous my husband was when I chirped that I was only bringing 8 items of clothing and 3 pairs of shoes (minus vow renewal wear) for 10 days of vacation spanning temperatures from the 30s to the 80s. But it actually turned out pretty good.



And just in case you think all I did was get dressed mostly alone, I offer up proof of a fun vacation with other people:



OOOOK. Well, I actually also met with Torrie and Casie which was super fun and like getting together with friends because I happened to be in the area, rather than a first meeting with people I had only "talked" to online. We actually closed down the restaurant talking about family, blogging, and life in general. I have no photo proof, though. We were too busy eating and drinking and laughing to remember to take photos. Bad bloggers, bad.

Oh, and I also re-eloped to Vegas with this guy:



We didn't get Elvis this time (he was booked) but we did get to experience a drive-through wedding. And bawling through my second set of vows. The actual ceremony didn't show off my dress properly so our very nice photographer Fernando made us get out of the car for more photos. He was very specific in his posing instructions, which is how we ended up with the above.

Can we just talk about the dress real quick? I had a beautiful somewhat expensive one picked out (because how often do you marry the same guy for the 2nd time?) but just hadn't pulled the trigger on ordering it. I was perusing the local Goodwill when this one beckoned me from across the room, promising me it was the perfect little vow renewal dress. I was a little worried I would get to it and find it to be some polyester mess, or the wrong size - but it was a silk Rebecca Taylor that fit perfectly. For $9.99. . . SOLD.

Target striped tee
Citizens of Humanity jeans
Patterson J. Kincaid shorts
Madewell floppy hat
Dr Scholl's heels
Moorea Seale chevron necklace
Prada sandals (vow renewal shoes)
Minnetonka moccasins
Everything else thrifted

24 comments:

The Funky Junkie said...

Looks like a fun time! I love those red shoes in the first photo.

Bestie said...

ok, i love how you assembled the pieces in totally different ways - i have the striped shirt too and you just reminded me to pull it out of the drawer again soon. lOVE the red shoes - have you posted about them already?? need to know where to find them.

so, it looks like you hit Disney?! Ahh, we were in DW in Feb and it was absolutely the best trip. Sounds like yours was too and I am SO jealous that you met up with the fellow blogging besties!

Maria @ Orchard Bloom said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Your dress is really pretty!

rlutz said...

Your vow renewal dress is beautiful...such a killer find!! Such great styling with your 8 pieces...love all the ways your wore denim!!

Lonestarcasie said...

Ok. Besides the fact that your wedding dress TOTALLY lived up to the hype, what I am taking away from this post is...HOW DID YOU GET YOUR KIDS TO KEEP ON THE MUSTACHES? Seriously. There is nothing funnier than facial hair. AND I totally got my hair to do that thing today that yours does but I thought mine could never do. Banner day really. Are you back home or on the road to home?

www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

oomph. said...

congratulations on renewing them vows! you look beautiful in that dress...what an amazing find. love the moustaches!

[oomph.]

Tinfoil Tiaras said...

Jenn, you are a remixing packing expert (I'm totally following in your shoes for my upcoming vacation!) I really love those bright red shoes and you look stunning in your wedding renewal pics- I have always wanted to do that in Vegas-such fun!

The Jones said...

You look darling and look like you're having the time of your life...love those hot pink shorts ;)

I'm so glad you got the chance to re-elope and renew your vows together...romantic get-aways and quality time are the best. Way to celebrate staying together too! Love your dress, you look just as beautiful and elegant as ever.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

kimmie said...

Your trip looked like so much fun! and seriously? $10 for that dress? You are one lucky gal! It's gorgeous! Congrats on the vow renewal! :)

Tiffany said...

Awww how fun!! You and your guy are so cute! And it's amazing how you took eight little pieces and remixed them into so many different cute looks!

TaraMixandMatch said...

Love all the fun stripes and especially that chevron necklace!
Mix and Match Fashion

The Closet Shopper said...

Wow. Good job on the packing thing. That's freaking awesome. And it sounds like it was really stress free. All these looks are gorgeous and yet very comfy. Color me impressed.

Your renewal dress is stunning. I love it and I love how happy you look in that picture.

xoxo,
Tracy

Ashley said...

Lovely blog, lady! Your vacation outfits are all superb. To someone who didn't know any better, you look like you're an expert packer!

Amber Lena Bonasera Boomars said...

That dress is divine! So you! And $9.99? You are a thrifting goddess, I tell ya.

I'm exactly the same way with packing for trips. Then I get there and I'm like, uhhh, I have nothing to wear.

Kish said...

You did a great job for packing just eight outfits...you should write a book on packing lightly!

I relly like the first and last looks!

Niki said...

Wow, that's some serious mixing and matching! Very impressive! I love challenging myself to wear as my clothes as much as possible, it encourages me to be creative and smart with my shopping. Thanks for commenting on my blog :)

Niki

http://www.hipshapesandbristolfashion.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

Loving all of your vacation looks, but most of all I love your re-elopement! How wonderful and funny and cool that you did that. I want to do that! LOVE your little wedding dress, too. Love!

Dawn said...

Jenn you look like an anthro model in the first photo...perfect. I can't wait for a vaca. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

Stephanie said...

love love your renew the vows dress. especially with those shoes. lovely!

glad you had fun out here! xoxo

Stephanie said...

also, wish i was confident enough to wear a felt hat like you do! =)

Torrie said...

love all of the pics! ...especially the vegas ones :).

Jenava said...

Oh My God. I wore that dress to my best friend's wedding about four years ago, no joke! It's probably not THE same dress, because I donated it when the dry cleaner wrecked it. The little spots were velvet but when it got cleaned they all came off. I realized too late that the tag said do not dry clean. I should find a photo of me in that dress...

Val Fox said...

What a great job remixing a lot of cute and comfy outfits for your trip! Very smart! And that dress for your vow renewal? GORGEOUS! Great deal on it too!! So glad you had fun!
-Val

Hannah @ Tattoos and Pearls said...

Love your re-elopement dress! It is perfect on you!